Take a moment to imagine the single biggest thing that motivates you to succeed. If you want to be your own boss, start a company, work from home – what is the biggest driver of those desires?
- Is it money? Status? Fame?
- Do you want more time with your family?
- What about security?
- Do you love doing something so much that being able to do it for a living drives you?
- Do you want to find a way to make passive income so you can pursue other work that may have less potential to generate income?
- Do you need the autonomy of working for yourself?
Chances are you have a fairly good idea of what’s driving you. Now here’s where it gets tricky…
Is there something beneath that desire that is really driving you?
Going deeper, delving underneath those surface desires, will help to get to the real thing that drives you. Like the first visible bones at an archaeological dig, our apparent desires usually are an indication of something deeper, the core reason we want to succeed.
Taking the time to get down to what’s really driving you, can help you to better outline and reach your goals. Because no matter what it is you think you want, the real you always knows what it’s after.
Wouldn’t you like to know it too?