“We plan our lives according to a dream that came to us in our childhood, and we find that life alters our plans. And yet, at the end, from a rare height, we also see that our dream was our fate. It’s just that providence had other ideas as to how we would get there. Destiny plans a different route, or turns the dream around, as if it were a riddle, and fulfills the dream in ways we couldn’t have expected.” ~ Ben Okri
So you’re all grown up now.
Or maybe not. If that’s the case, even better.
Either way, there were some pretty big dreams in your noggin back when you were a kid.
Now, travel back in your imagination to when you were that big-dreamin’ kid:
- What did you see yourself doing?
- Are you doing it?
- Is it possible that you are, just in another form?
These are important questions, and I’ll tell you why. Most creative and entrepreneurial types began to see some inkling of that drive when they were young. Some choose to squash and ignore it, and our educational system does a great job of helping that along.
Here’s My Challenge for You…
Take some time this weekend and:
- Explore if what you are doing relates to the dreams you had when you were young.
- Do something you saw yourself doing as a grown-up, when you were a kid.
- Commit to making your whole life look more like you imagined it would be.
You’ll be surprised at how making those dreams a reality is easier than you think.
What were your dreams…?