The Bag’s Out of the Cat

The news is spreading. Some of the best bloggers around (and some good friends) are getting together to talk relationship blogging – and one of the keys to any successful venture is the relationships you build. Want to join in? Here Come the SOB’s – SOBCon ’07 A Relationship Bloggers’ Conference and Networking Event… Festivities… Continue reading The Bag’s Out of the Cat

Why Do I Blog?

I’m with Andy Beard on the bad title. I pride myself on at least trying to write good titles. But it is an interesting question. Like other memes, I only jump on board if I found them interesting to read on other blogs. I have to admit, I’ve enjoyed reading what other folks said. So… Continue reading Why Do I Blog?

Industry Groups Are Great, If They’re Not for Your Industry

Sally couldn’t bear to go to another one of those get-togethers. It’s always the same people talking about the same things. She joined to make contacts and find prospects, but it’s become like a bad AA meeting for designers. I’ve talked to a lot of Sallys. Home-based business folks who joined some industry group in… Continue reading Industry Groups Are Great, If They’re Not for Your Industry

Social Media for the Home-Based Business

This isn’t a blog about blogging. There are plenty of terrific ones already. But blogging and other social media is an important tool for the home-based entrepreneur. In some cases – the most important tool. So periodically, I like to point to some resources for learning about and contributing to the conversphere. Other folks are… Continue reading Social Media for the Home-Based Business